People Who Know a Bunch of Things
- BeginnerTriatlhlete.com – What it says.
- DC Rainmaker – Ray’s product reviews and how-to guides are a great public service!
- USA Triathlon Rulebook – Nearly every race uses these, or a modified version of them.
Places and People I Hang With
- St. Louis Triathlon Club – A very active club, friendly to newbies and experienced alike!
- USA Triathlon (USAT) – The governing body for multisport in the US. Join them, you get some discounts, and your entry fee to USA-T sanctioned events is covered for the year. And you get a cool little keychain tag to put next to your Panera Bread one!
- St. Peters (MO) RecPlex – Outstanding facility in my hometown, featuring two summer triathlons and an entire indoor series during the winter (Nov-March).
Places at Which I Spend Too Much Money
- Big Shark Bicycle Company – Got my road bike there, ‘nough said. Several locations in the area, the one in Chesterfield Valley (Big Shark West) is my LBS*.
- Big River Running
- On the Blocks Aquatics – Just down the road from the RecPlex.
- SwimIt – They are pretty much a one trick pony, but it’s a great trick – a race-legal (until deployed, of course) emergency personal flotation device.
- Road ID – It goes on your wrist and can save your life.
*Local Bike Shop